[OpenSIPS-Users] capability of load balancer

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jun 2 17:30:18 CEST 2010

agung nugroho wrote:
> agung nugroho <agoengnug at ...> writes:
>
>> Hi all
>> I want to ask about load balancer module. I have created load balancing between
>> audio and video calls. But I still confuse about the performance.
>> Is the load balancer really help??
>> Is there any papers that I can read about load balancer module in opensips???
>>

> May be my question is not understandable. Lets make it easier.
> Did anyone have try to "code profiling" SIP server that use load balancer
> and without it??? and how does it look??

well, that's something anybody can try - logically speaking, the dialog
+ profiling support has some overhead, but it also brings some benefits
- the question is if the benefits pay the penalties - and this is up to
your particular scenario
> I just curious, Did load balancer really help to optimize our sip server??

define "optimize" for your case., please

www.voice-system.ro