[OpenSIPS-Users] Logging issue

Wesley Volcov wesleyvolcov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 22:53:56 CEST 2010

Hello All,

I've found some issues about logging problem with opensips.
I've changed my syslog to async writing, and  changed my logrotate to hourly
with 150MB of log size. I seems to work fine after this changes. I had no
problem after this! :D

My syslog.conf:
*.info                                                  -/var/log/messages

Follow my /etc/cron.hourly/logrotate:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/logrotate /etc/logrotate.conf
EXITVALUE=$?
if [ $EXITVALUE != 0 ]; then
    /usr/bin/logger -t logrotate "ALERT exited abnormally with [$EXITVALUE]"
fi
exit 0

Follow my /etc/logrotate.d/syslog:
/var/log/messages {
        rotate 300
        size 150M
        compress
        missingok
        notifempty
    postrotate
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/syslogd.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null
|| true
        /bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/rsyslogd.pid 2> /dev/null` 2> /dev/null
|| true
    endscript
}

Wesley Volcov