[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy not updating with new SDPs

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Wed Jul 21 21:50:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am using Mediaproxy 2.3.8 with Opensips 1.6 r6702.  I use the engage_media_proxy() function.  Most things work pretty well except for the following scenario:

Call comes in from CPE, hits the engage_media_proxy() function, and t_relay's to the far end.  The far-end sends a 503, but before they do, they send some media.  I'm working with them now to determine the true source of this unwanted media.  Anyway, Opensips does a serial fork to the next carrier, who sends a 183 w/ SDP, and finally a 200 OK.  But the media relay has already locked down to the media the first carrier sent.  How come the media relay doesn't learn about the new media information from the SDPs in the 183 and the 200?

I'd like to be able to wait for an SDP to come back on a 18x or a 200 before starting the relay.  It appears the engage_media_proxy() function is available only from the REQUEST_ROUTE.  Perhaps it would be smarter in this case to use the use_media_proxy()/end_media_session() functions in the REPLY_ROUTE and FAILURE_ROUTEs.

Any input would be much appreciated.

- Jeff