[OpenSIPS-Users] debian packaging and compiler options

Kennard_White at logitech.com Kennard_White at logitech.com
Tue Jul 13 01:09:22 CEST 2010

Folks,

I have a question about how folks compile opensips with debian packaging.
The basic question is which are the "correct" CFLAGS values?

When doing a debian build (opensips Makefile deb target), the debian/rules
sets CFLAGS to "-Wall -g -O2".

The opensips Makefile.defs around line 725 has much more extensive CFLAGS
values for my architecture (x86_64,gcc,4.x). These more extensive values
include:
	-O9 -funroll-loops  -Wcast-align $(PROFILE) -Wall \
	-minline-all-stringops \
                -falign-loops     -ftree-vectorize    -mtune=$(CPU_TYPE) \
                       -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-field-initializers
-Wredundant-decls
The above defs don't get set when I build a debian package.

The "problem" is on Makefile.defs line 630-633 which allows external CFLAGS
to override. Alternatively, the problem is in debian/rules which goes to
great lengths to setup CFLAGS.

For those who compile their own debian packages (from trunk), which CFLAGS
options do you use? Do you accept the "lesser" debian/rules setting, or
somehow enable the "greater" settings in Makefile.defs? If the later, how
to do you enable this?

Thanks,
Kennard