[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy media_relay_avp

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Jan 20 19:04:06 CET 2010

Hi,

On 19/1/10 7:31 PM, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The relays in my network use a different interface for relaying packets than they do for other machine operations.  For example, a relay's eth0 IP may be 207.x.x.x, while its eth1 is 66.x.x.x, and the relay IP as defined by config.ini is the 66.x.x.x address.  This works fine for the most part.

Ok, so I assume your system's default route goes though 207.x and you
actually want the packets to be relayed through 66.x

> I now have a need to start specifying media relays with the media_relay_avp parameter in Opensips.  Do I specify the 207.x.x.x IP address the relay uses to connect to the dispatcher, or the 66.x.x.x IP the relay uses to relay RTP?

You'll need to specify the 207.x IP address as it's the one being used
to connect to the dispatcher.

> The media_relay_avp documentation says, "... it will be preferred by the dispatcher over the normal selection algorithm."  Is it accurate to say that if the specified relay is not available, the dispatcher will revert to its regular selection?  Or, will no relay be used at all?

You're correct. That avp will alter the the algorithm used for selecting
the relay by preferring the one specified, but in case it's not
available it will fall-back to the normal behavior and choose a working
relay.

Kind regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé