[OpenSIPS-Users] removing a media relay from service

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Jan 12 02:02:42 CET 2010

Hello,

In my configuration (Mediaproxy v2.3.6, Opensips 1.6) I have several media relays and one media dispatcher.  Today we noticed a problem with one of the relay machines and needed to take it out of service.  Its media-relay process was active with some calls.

Is there a way to tell dispatcher not to send more calls to a particular relay, or perhaps to tell the relay not to accept new calls?

The only option that comes to mind is some custom distribution algorithm with media_relay_avp to always choose the media relay manually, always checking the "available" relays from a db table perhaps.  Seems kinda clunky.

Any better options out there?

Thanks,
Jeff