[OpenSIPS-Users] need help on mediaproxy that cannot start

Richard Revels rrevels at bandwidth.com
Fri Jan 8 21:17:06 CET 2010

I've been meaning to come back to this.  I'll try to get something coherent together this weekend for CentOS users.  The process outlined at the link below is somewhat overkill as most of the python stuff can be done via easy_install with just a couple tweaks to the readme.  The gnutls must be compiled and installed from source but a standard ./configure; make; make install is all that is needed there as well.

I had a problem with asking for specific versions of both sqlobject and python-application because easy_install is not able to find them wherever it looks by default.  This is a drag since it worked fine for sqlobject just a couple of weeks ago.  Here are the command lines I am using to get around that:

#get recent version of setup tools
easy_install -U setuptools

#let easy_install download and install from svn for specific version (notice space between url and package identifier)
easy_install http://svn.colorstudy.com/SQLObject/tags/0.9.0/ sqlobject==0.9.0

#let easy_install directly from zipped tar file
easy_install http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-application/python-application-1.1.5.tar.gz

I hope this helps some CentOS users out there until I can get the whole thing documented somewhere.

Richard