[OpenSIPS-Users] Setting opensips for maximum performance

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:19:33 CET 2010

On 18.02.2010 13:57, Jan Rozhon wrote:
> AMD Athlon processor. As a generator of SIP traffic I use SIPp v3.1
> running on 4 virtual computers as UAC and two computers as UAS all
You're not running them all on the same physical box, are you?
If yes, then you might find sipp itself to be a CPU hog and causing a
lot of trouble + overhead of processing 6 machines + overhead of
software networking... You should be able to push 200 SIP-only CPS from
a single box / single sipp process without problems - I'm able to do
100+ cps on a dated single-core laptop.
Start small - then increase until you see problems and check why exactly
did they occur.

> calls) many of those calls (aroud 50%) don't finish succesfully. CPU
Can you find out what does "don't finish successfully" mean exactly? Are
you not getting the same packets on the other side? Are you hitting the
retransmission limit? Are you getting wrong packets? It's easier to
debug stuff once you know exactly how it fails...

Some more stuff to check: are you using retransmissions in sipp? how
long does it take to process a single message in opensips (benchmark
module helps here a lot)?