[OpenSIPS-Users] Core Dump

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Feb 19 14:44:18 CET 2010

Hi Brian,

opensipslist at encambio.com wrote:
> Hello Nathaniel,
>
> An jeu., févr 18, 2010, Nathaniel L Keeling schrieb:
>
>> I have compiled opensips 1.6.1 on Solaris Sparc 10. I was able to
>> compile successfully by adding the parameter "-mcpu=ultrasparc" to
>> the "DEFS" compile time options in Makefile.defs, but when I
>> execute opensips, it will die with a core dump. It does thru the
>>

> Both Solaris 10 Sparc or Solaris 11 x86 do core dump when trying
> to use OpenSIPS 1.6.1. Nobody has seem to be able to diagnose this
> correctly much less repair the problem.

How comes ? I know people using 1.6 on sparc + Solaris  :P....
> If you try the same build parameters to compile 1.6.0 you will
> probably find that it not only compiles correctly but runs without
> core dumping as well. So much for the
>
>     'it is recommended to upgrade, as it provides important
>      stability improvements'
>
> that they write about the 1.6.1 release on the website.

hmmm...if you see the compiling as stability, maybe you are right....

Now, getting serious....the problem is that since SF trashed the
compiled farm, we (or at least I) do not have any sparc / solaris
platform were to test the makefile options or the code....

www.voice-system.ro