[OpenSIPS-Users] Article on mediaproxy

Madovsky infos at madovsky.org
Wed Feb 10 14:45:26 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Saúl Ibarra Corretgé" <saul at ag-projects.com>
To: "OpenSIPS users mailling list" <users at lists.opensips.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:35 AM
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Article on mediaproxy

> Hi,
>
> El 10/02/10 5:57, Infos Madovsky escribió:
>> Hi,
>> is any MediaProxy dev can comment this article please ?
>> http://hans.fugal.net/blog/2007/03/06/adios-mediaproxy/
>> Regards
>> Franck
>>

> I won't comment on the rightness of the article, the best you can do is
> test it by yourself and select the best tool for your purpose. Also, as
> the article is 3 years old and every piece of software mentioned has
> evolved a lot I really encourage you to do so.

> Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
> AG Projects

For now Opensips/MediaProxy doesn't work well for me (fedora10, kernel
2.6.32.7, all netfilters modules compiled).
the installation suceed, openSIPS/media-dispatcher media-relay start well,
no error, unless that 1 time on 5 it's unstable,
2 softphone (x-lite or linphone), the reach is not done, even in the log
it's written "incoming reply blablabla..." and nothing else in the log, even
if I increase the log level (tried from 5 to 9 with no result).
I agree asterisk is not comparable. But I just installed and compiled
freeswitch, with the same config the calls has been reached at 100%. I'm
impressed by freeswitch, the wiki docs is very well documented. The same for
MediaProxy would be great !