[OpenSIPS-Users] BLA pickup issue

Steven C. Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Mon Feb 8 19:05:18 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces at lists.opensips.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.opensips.org] On Behalf Of Anca Vamanu
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 12:47 PM
To: OpenSIPS users mailling list
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] BLA pickup issue

Hi Steven,

Steven C. Blair wrote:

> We have been experiencing a few problems with bridged line appearance
> (BLA) using Polycom phones and I wonder if anyone on this list can help?
>

> We are running OpenSER v1.3.2-tls for our production presence server.
> This communicates with a SER v0.9.7-pre3 proxy for call control. We
> are using Polycom SoundPoint 550 sets configured as BLA groups.
>

> The first problem we have is with tracking the line status. If a
> subscribe message is sent from a phone in the BLA group while two
> incoming calls to the BLA group are answered on two different sets
> then all sets in the BLA group lose the status indicators for both
> calls.  The only sets which still communicate with the callers are the
> sets which originally answered the call.

I don't understand exactly the scenario that does not work. So you have
a BLA group and 2 simultanous calls coming to it? And when then calls
are answered everybody looses state except for the parties involved in
the call? Is this it?

[[scb]] Anca, There are several failures. I tried to describe a more common problem to see if anyone in the community is also experiencing such an issue.

[[scb]] The symptom is partly like the "stale dialog when call on hold" bug however it is not clear if we have the exact same issue.

[[scb]] We have a BLA group consisting of eight phones. Two people call the BLA number from the PSTN. Each call is answered, one call per set. The first call is put on hold. When the second phone arrives it is answered and also put on hold. If at that time the second phone sends a notify the state in the notify message equals full essentially erasing the state of the first call from the presence server. As a result the phones believe they still have the first call on-hold but it cannot be retrieved.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro