[OpenSIPS-Users] BLA pickup issue

Steven C. Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Mon Feb 8 16:49:45 CET 2010

We have been experiencing a few problems with bridged line appearance (BLA) using Polycom phones and I wonder if anyone on this list can help?

We are running OpenSER v1.3.2-tls for our production presence server. This communicates with a SER v0.9.7-pre3 proxy for call control. We are using Polycom SoundPoint 550 sets configured as BLA groups.

The first problem we have is with tracking the line status. If a subscribe message is sent from a phone in the BLA group while two incoming calls to the BLA group are answered on two different sets then all sets in the BLA group lose the status indicators for both calls.  The only sets which still communicate with the callers are the sets which originally answered the call.

This behavior seems to be a well know issue with earlier versions of OpenSER. We built an OpenSIPS v1.6.1-notls server but still see the same behavior. Is anyone else working through issues with BLA? Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be happening?

Thanks,Steve