[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA help

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Mon Feb 8 16:46:28 CET 2010

Hello Anca,

An lun., févr 08, 2010, Anca VAMANU schrieb:
>The scenario that you want - authorizing the user at the media
>server in a bridging scenario will not work. You can not call
>b2b_init twice for the same dialog. The B2B implementation does not
>include the authorization requirements. And in fact I believe that
>you are complicating things by wanting the user to authorize to the
>media server. The normal approach will be for the user to authorize
>to the proxy and only after it has been authorize to call b2b_init
>function.  And for the media server not to ask for authorization
>because the proxy should be in a trusted source list and the
>requests coming from it should not be challenged.

Okay now it's clear, thanks for the help. But the problem is not
solved, because there are situations in which the INVITE from your
B2B logic should be challenged. In my case, the media server is
serving voicemail as well. It must challenge incoming INVITEs
because sometimes the 'From' URI describes a voicemail user that
will be authorized to listen to their messages by way of the
standard WWW-Authenticate.

At the same time, I'm sure there's no problem in passing the
'Authorization' header if I make a new B2B module or simply patch
the existing one. Is it true that calling b2b_init a second time
will be no problem, because as b2b_logic sees the 401
WWW-AUthenticate it will close the dialog started by the INVITE?

Can you please advise me whether the needed change to pass the
'Authorization' header is in b2b_entities or b2b_logic? Do you
see any problem in doing this?

I have some other ideas of implementing B2B modules ontop of
b2b_entities, so this would be a good way to become introduced
to the code.

Regards,
Brian