[OpenSIPS-Users] siptrace insert into db

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Mon Feb 8 11:59:46 CET 2010

Hi Josip,

Josip Djuricic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> simple and quick question, is there an easy way to change insert query
> for opensips 1.6 siptrace module?

What kind of changes do you have in mind?
> I want to add mysql compress function on msg field.

Hmm...this is not about the siptrace module, but the db_mysql module, I
would say....
> Also I would advice changing char values to varchar values because on
> heavy load machines there could be very big difference between char(255)
> and varchar(255) fields in terms of disk space.

Originally we had the varchar(), but due performance reasons, we
switched to char().....so here we are in the eternal dilemma "speed
versus diskspace" :)...
Can you give some ratio about the differente (in space) between char and
varchar (for siptrace) ?

Thanks and regards,
Bogdan

www.voice-system.ro