[OpenSIPS-Users] One way audio - media port changed (opensips / mediaproxy)

Magnus Burman magnus.burman at adamo.es
Tue Feb 2 11:54:21 CET 2010

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with "sporadic" one-way audio, using latest stable
Opensips 1.4 and Mediaproxy 2.

The problem occurs at re-invites, thou not every time. When it does happen,
the media port is changed towards the callee. Example:

First invite:
INVITE Trunk:40518 --> Proxy:50358
INVITE Proxy:58928 --> UA:5206

Re-invite:
INVITE Trunk:40518 --> Proxy:50358
INVITE Proxy:40518 --> UA:5206

Notice how the Proxy port on the UA side (callee local) changed to the same
port that Trunk uses (caller remote).

One way audio now occurs and naturally the call is soon hung up. Mediaproxy
now dumps some useful statistics showing:

'callee_remote': 'UA:5206'
'caller_remote': 'TRUNK:40518'
'callee_local':  'PROXY:58928'
'caller_local':  'PROXY:50358'

Notice here how the callee_local is the original port used.

Where should I start looking to be able to solve this problem? Is it most
likely my config, something weird with the re-invite or have I stumbled upon
a bug?

Thankful for every and all suggestions, as I lay sleepless at night thinking
about this! :-P

Cheers,
Magnus