[OpenSIPS-Users] priority differences between carrierroute and drouting

Gabriel Bermudez elgabo81 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:29:18 CET 2010

Hi everybody,

I've read the documentation on carrierroute and drouting, about the
algorithm used to select a gateway.  I understand that on carrierroute the
gateway selected depends on the prefix dialed and the value of the prob
field.  For example for prefix 49, gateway x.x.x.x with prob=0.2 and gateway
y.y.y.y with prob=0.8 can exists in the carrierroute table.

+----+---------+-----------+-----------------+-------+--------+-------------------+

| id | carrier | domain | scan_prefix | flags | prob | rewrite_host  |

| 1  |       1 |      0      | 49              |     0 |  0.2   | x.x.x.x

| 2  |       1 |      0      | 49              |     0 |  0.8   |
y.y.y.y         |

I understand that this means 20% of the calls will be sent to x.x.x.x and
80% to y.y.y.y
Is this the same for drouting, or only the highest priority rule is
selected?

Thanks for your answers