[OpenSIPS-Users] TCP Sockets Phones De-Register and then Quickly Re-Register.

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Dec 28 19:59:56 CET 2010

Hi David,

With TCP, there is no need to have the TCP connection up during the
whole duration of the registration - it is perfectly normal for the TCP
conn to be terminated after REGISTER request (by server or client side).

For example, opensips has a timeout - for how long it should keep an
unused TCP connection (see
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreFcn16#toc73).

If the UAC is behind NAT, it is a bit of different story, as the TCP
conn must stay open - the server cannot open later a TCP conn behind
NAT. For such cases see:

http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/registrar.html#id250051