[OpenSIPS-Users] just one quick question

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Dec 7 11:36:32 CET 2010

Hi Vic,

if you read the RADIUS Accounting RFC, you see that acc has nothing to
do with credit or time duration checks.  Actually, with RADIUS, you need
to use an Auth/Access Request to get information about how long the call
should be allowed.

Typically, with RADIUS, there is no cost involved. The proxy does an
Access Request to the RADIUS server (when the call is received) to see
for how long the call should be allowed. Then the proxy will allow the
call only for that maximum period and it will generate the START and
STOP accounting events to the RADIUS server.