[OpenSIPS-Users] Doubt about provisional responses processing

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Aug 25 18:21:35 CEST 2010

Hi Sergio,

Sergio Gutierrez wrote:
> Hi Bogdan.
>
> This is also my doubt. Is that re-INVITE an initial request, in whose
> case, it would be handled in the same way than previous INVITES, or is
> it a Sequential Request.?
a re-INVITE is an request in an existing dialog, so a Sequential request.

> Or, is the re-INVITE handled at on_branch_route?

re-INVITE is a separate transaction than the initial INVITE. And for
each transaction, at request time you can individually set a
reply/branch/failure route.

> As far as I understand, that invite would be a new initial request,
> but may be that is the mistake.
it is a new request, but not initial :) - it is sequential as it has to-tag.