[OpenSIPS-Users] Trouble with Contact header transport

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.net
Tue Aug 17 01:46:09 CEST 2010

First, let me state that I don't believe this is a problem with OpenSIPS,
but rather me just trying to fix a user agent that is not doing the right
thing.  The problem is that the 200 OK that we get back from the phone is
not putting the transport in explicitly (ugh).  So OpenSIPS passes this
along time, and we get an ACK back, but the ACK is then not explicit either,
and OpenSIPS defaults to sending it UDP (but it should be TCP).  The problem
is that if we try to fix this by adding it on the reply, we break things
pretty bad.  I believe this is because fix_nated_contact is not playing nice
with my manual fix.

If my reply just has fix_nated_contact, it's all nice relaying fine with:

Contact: "2060" <sip:2060@<my_public_ip>:48278>.

However if I add this block of code right after or before fixing nated
contact, I get:

Contact: "2060" <sip:2060 at 10.0.1.9:5060>.;transport=tcpsip:2060@
<my_public_ip>:39803

OUCH, that ain't never gonna work!

Thoughts on how I can work around a mis-behavin' phone?

Thanks

-dg