[OpenSIPS-Users] HTTP to SIP

remi humbert mimiche at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 10:13:38 CEST 2010

Hi Bogdan,

I want to talk to Sip clients from a web browser.
Eg do:

POST /toto at domain.com HTTP1.1
host:www.somewebserver.com
hello how are u ?

And then in the sip client toto at domain.com receive
SIP MESSAGE "hello how are u"  from bot at domain.com

To do that, I can use CGI in my web server to host the "bot" sip clients
which will take the http message and relay it as a SIP message.

web browser  ---> web server (also host "bot" sip client) ---> sip registrar
---> sip client (toto at domain.com)

Or I could make http request directly to opensips:

web browser  ---> sip registrar ---> sip client (toto at domain.com)

Perhaps it's a bad idea to try to talk http to the registrar. I just
stumbled upon this
http://www.iptel.org/rpc_xml_rpc, and I was wondering if I could do the same
with opensips,
since I am using opensips...

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 6:22 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at voice-system.ro>wrote:

> Hello Remi,
>
> If you want to receive and process an HTTP request, why do you want to
> do it with a SIP server (opensips) and not with a HTTP server ? I think
> will be more suitable to you some CGI with APACHE for example, instead
> of misusing opensips for that.
>
> If you can explain me better what the HTTP request is good for, I can
> give you some advices on how to do it....if it has some SIP
> implications....
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> remi humbert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to be able to make http REST request to some http server, and
> > transform
> > these requests into SIP MESSAGE requests.
> >
> > I made a prototype that works using several sip clients embedded into
> > an http server. This kinda works.
> > I would like to suppress the http server, and make request directly to
> > the OpenSIPS registrar.
> >
> > I found out about the mi_xmlrpc module, which makes opensips
> > understand http, but I cannot
> > find out how to get the http requests in the opensips.cfg file.
> > In kamalio they seems to have some /modparam/("/xmlrpc/", "/route/",
> > "XMLRPC");)
> > which allows to declare a route in the config file to get the http
> > request.
> > I could not find the equivalent in mi_xmlrpc.
> >
> > So first question, does this exists in opensips, how can I get the
> > http requests ?
> > Second, do you think it is a good idea to do this way ? Have you got
> > another idea ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Remi

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Bootcamp
> 20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
> www.voice-system.ro

Humbert Remi