[OpenSIPS-Users] Location info when using OpenSIPS as outbound proxy

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sun Aug 1 20:14:01 CEST 2010

Hi Andrew,

what you are doing is dangerous :)

Even if the contacts+expires values will be properly extracted from the
reply, other data will be bogus, like:
    - user agent
    - socket info (only if you do change it before relaying the register)
    - path info
    - received value + branch flags (if some forking is done)

Andrew Pogrebennyk wrote:
> On 01.08.2010 20:37, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> 2) ideally, for an outbound proxy, you should do the registration
>> processing at reply time, once the main registrar accepted the
>> registration and eventually made all the changes over it. But right
>> now
>> opensips does not accept registration processing for replies.
>>

> Just in case - some time ago I did something like:
>
> onreply_route[3] {
> 	# Here we handle REGISTER replies
> 	xlog("L_INFO", "[$mi] [$rs $rr]\n");
> 	if (status=~"200") {
> 		route(3);
> 	};
>
> route[3] {
> 	# workaround for location saving
> 	xlog("L_INFO", "saving location\n");
> 	save("location","0x02");
> }
>

> 0x02 - do not generate a SIP reply to the current REGISTER request.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
www.voice-system.ro