[OpenSIPS-Users] Load Balancer

Rajib Deka rajibdk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 19:56:33 CEST 2010

Thanks Bogdan.
I know that OpenSIPS will store the state info in memory. My question is,
Suppose I have 100 trunks as destination in memory to load balance with
different state info, so  when a new call (INVITE) comes to OpenSIPS, will
OpenSIPS go through all the 100 trunk's state info to choose the least
loaded one or it has some efficient search algo that returns the less loaded
trunk. We are using 100+ trunk (duplicate entry) info to achieve some CPS
limit. So our main concern is the search time for OpenSIPS to choose a
trunk.

My another question, will 1 sec time interval in RATELIMIT lead to
performance issue?

regards
Rajib

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at voice-system.ro>wrote:

> Hi Rajib,
>
> The state info kept by load balancer (the load and capacity of each
> destination) is memory only - there are no DB ops at runtime.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> Rajib Deka wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a question on load balancer,
> >
> > I have a 20 trunk entry in load balancer table. Once a call comes,
> > will it check the available resources in all the trunks to find the
> > less loaded trunk? or will it have some stack   or memory table to
> > maintain the load info to make the search fast.
> >
> > Please explain me the info.
> >
> > --
> > Rajib Deka
> > Software Engineer
> > Servion Global Solution
> > Chennai, India
> >
> > Mobile No: + 91 91767 80669

> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
> OpenSIPS Bootcamp
> 20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
> www.voice-system.ro

Rajib Deka
Software Engineer
Servion Global Solution