[OpenSIPS-Users] question about uac_auth and gateway authentication

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sun Aug 1 17:07:50 CEST 2010

Hi Jozsef,

First of all, on proxy, after authenticating the phone (A), you should
call the "remove_credentials()" function to remove from the SIP request
the credentials send by A to authenticate to B - otherwise, they will be
forwarded to C also.

Now, the failure route should check the 401/407 authentication requests
the do the "uac_auth()" (auth B to C). Also check the return code of the
"uac_auth()" function to see if the authentication was correctly done
(if opensips has the credentials for the challenged realm):

failure_route[2] {
     if (t_check_status("40[17]")) {
	xlog("got challenged \n");
     	if (uac_auth()) {