[OpenSIPS-Users] SIPSimple SDK on Windows

osiris123d duane.larson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:06:41 CEST 2010

Just wondering if anyone has had any success installing SIPSimple on Windows?
I know that the  http://sipsimpleclient.com/wiki/SipInstallation SIPSIMPLE
homepage  says that its been tested and supported on Linux and OSX, but I
just thought I would try.

I installed windows GNU, patch, python, Cython, svn, MinGW and Msys.  I go
into the python-sipsimple-0.14.2 folder and execute "python setup.py
install" and everything starts out good, but I get the following error

Fetching PJSIP from SVN repository
Using SVN revision 2830
Patching PJSIP
error: Got return value 1 while executing "patch --forward -d
build\temp.win32-2.6\Release\pjsip -p0 -i
c:\python-sipsimple-0.14.2\patches\sdp_neg_cancel_remote_offer_r2669.patch

Just to see whats going on I try to execute this exact command on my own and
I see the following

patching file pjmedia/include/pjmedia/sdp_neg.h
missing header for unified diff at line 36 of patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
| *     create_w_remote_offer() +--------------+
|  *
|  * </pre>
File to patch:

For the record I am able to install pjsip successfully on the windows
machine using the source from the pjsip webpage.

This isn't a big deal.  I just wanted to try and play with the sipsimple sdk
and try and make a windows app.