[OpenSIPS-Users] Info about rtpproxy and opensips working together on different hosts...

Roberto Ovani roberto.ebay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 01:04:04 CEST 2010

Il martedì 20/04/10 00.31, Laszlo ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> 2010/4/19 Roberto Ovani <roberto.ebay at gmail.com
> <mailto:roberto.ebay at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hello,
>     i have :
>
>     1) one host with opensips installed (opensips.roberto.com
>     <http://opensips.roberto.com>) on one public ip
>     2) one host with rtpproxy installed (rtpproxy.roberto.com
>     <http://rtpproxy.roberto.com>) on another public ip
>
>     3) two clients into another LANs...
>
>     I forwarded the ports for making all work :
>     1) opensips : 5060 udp (for the registering in sip)
>     2) rtpproxy : 7890 udp (the socket), and the range 10,000 : 20,000
>     (i compiled with this range)
>
>     when on sip client wants to call another sip clients (they're both
>     behind different nats and into different lans), then opensips must
>     rewrite the sdp so that the rtp flow goes through rtpproxy: in
>     this moment, opensips logs tell me :
>     /nathelper:force_rtp_proxy_body: incorrect port 0 in reply from
>     rtp proxy
>
>     /and the communication cannot happen correctly...... any advice ?
>     what shoul I have to check ?
>
>     Roberto
>

> That row means no such session.
>
> Do you see other rows like
>
> - message body has zero length
> - can't extract body from the message
>
> ?
>
> Do you have force_rtp_proxy on INVITE?
>

> -Laszlo

 From /var/log/syslog I can't read neither "message body has zero
length" nor "can't extract body from the message".
In my opensips.cfg there's a route, route6 :

route[6] {
         #---- RTP Proxy handling ---#
         if (is_method("BYE|CANCEL")) {
         unforce_rtp_proxy();
         }
         else if (is_method("INVITE")){
         #---- Activates the RTP Proxy for the CALLEE ---#
         force_rtp_proxy();
         t_on_failure("1");
         };
         }

so, when an UAC is checked as "natted" (via flags 5 and 6), then the
flow enters into route6.

Roberto