[OpenSIPS-Users] SIP Trace question

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.net
Wed Apr 7 17:51:23 CEST 2010

Thanks for the information, I will try this different approach.  Can anyone
tell me if the "method" test includes response to that method, or just the
initial message?  For example would my config the way it is now only execute
that block for the REGISTER, or the REGISTER, 401 and 200?  Right now it
would appear the latter, but I want to confirm what I'm seeing.

if(!(method == "REGISTER")){

Thanks

-dg

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Flavio Goncalves
<flavio at asteriskguide.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> The problem occurs because setflag(22) only traces the requests after being
> processed by the proxy while sip_trace traces the requests before.
>
> I’m using the sip trace combined with the dialog module. Try with
> trace_dialog() instead of setflag or sip_trace, the dialog module has to be
> loaded. There is a bit more overhead and you have to enable just in the
> initial request.  As I use it sporadically, only for a few users and keep it
> deactivated most of the time, the additional overhead it is not causing any
> trouble.
>

> Flavio E. Goncalves
>
> OpenSIPS Bootcamp – San Francisco – April 19-23
>

> 2010/4/7 CheeWii <quanwei87 at gmail.com>
>
>  Have a test as follows:
>>  if(!(method == "REGISTER")){
>>                     setflag(22);
>>                     sip_trace();
>> }
>>
>> 2010/4/7 Daniel Goepp <dan at goepp.net>
>>
>>>  I'm having some trouble understanding why I'm not seeing all messages
>>> in the DB.  All I see are messages back to the calling party, and the
>>> message to and from the called party, but I see nothing from the calling
>>> party.  Making it a bit hard to tell what the initial request looked like :)
>>>
>>> I have a pretty generic setup:
>>>
>>> # ----- sip_trace ------
>>> modparam("siptrace", "db_url", "mysql://opensips:opensipsrw@localhost
>>> /opensips")
>>> modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
>>> modparam("siptrace", "enable_ack_trace", 1)
>>> modparam("siptrace", "table", "sip_trace")