[OpenSIPS-Users] Question about mediaproxy relay preference

Henk Hesselink opensips-users at voipro.nl
Mon Apr 5 22:13:47 CEST 2010

Hi Adrian,

The way I read the code I can indicate one preferred relay, but not a
set.  So I can't say "prefer this set of relays (i.e. the ones in this
particular datacenter) over the rest".  That's less flexible than the
SRV style.

What would be great would be a dispatcher option to say "based on the
media streams in the SDP, prefer 'local' relays" for some definition of
local - for instance relays that are on the same subnet as one or more
of the media endpoints.  I might be able to code up a patch for that if
you can give me a hint where to start (looks like that would be the
send_command method in the RelayFactory class).

Henk