[OpenSIPS-Users] When do I need MediaProxy?

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 02:13:18 CEST 2010

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Brian Chamberlain <brian at asterisk.ie> wrote:
> Why are you splitting the registrations from Asterisk?

I've had issues with Asterisk causing large groups of phones to go
unreachable for a minute or so.
This is with approximately 500-600 devices registered at one time on one box.
Asterisk does not seem to be designed to be able to handle
registrations for that many devices,
especially when it is also under load from handling 50+ simultaneous calls.

-- James