[OpenSIPS-Users] Question about mediaproxy relay preference

Henk Hesselink opensips-users at voipro.nl
Fri Apr 2 01:46:40 CEST 2010

We're moving our mediaproxies to 2.0 and have run into the following: in
the old setup we used the priority value in the mediaproxy SRV records
to prefer local (same datacenter) relays but to failover to a different
datacenter if all local relays were unavailable.  We then used the SRV
weight value to load balance between different capacity relays within
the datacenter.

With 2.0 using conntrack we don't need to load balance anymore, but we'd
still like to be able to prefer a local relay.  Right now a call can be
completely in one datacenter and yet have the relay in a different one,
causing unnecessary latency.

Ideally when a dispatcher sees that an endpoint of a call is on the
same subnet as any of its relays, then it should prefer those relays.
Is something like that possible?

Regards,

Henk Hesselink