[OpenSIPS-Users] Diameter

Ghaith ALKAYYEM ghaith.alkayyem at telecom-bretagne.eu
Tue Sep 22 16:31:08 CEST 2009

Thank you for response,

I see in the details of that module (auth_diameter) this diagram:

     +----+ SIP INVITE   +=====+  DIAMETER      +------+       +------+
     |    | no Auth hdr  #/////#  AA-Request    |      |       |      |
     |    |---------1--->#/////#-------2------->|      |---2-->|      |
     |UAC |              #UAS//#                |DClnt |       |DSrv  |
     |    |<-----4-------#(SER)#<------3--------|(DISC)|<--3---|(DISC)|
     |    |     401      #/////#  DIAMETER      |      |       |      |
     +----+ Unauthorized +=====+  AA-Answer     +------+       +------+

We notice in this architecture that we have two diameter blocks, the
first one plays the role of diameter client(DClnt) and the second one
plays the role of diameter server(DSrv).
But in Radius modules the OpenSIPS interacts with Radius server
directly, so maybe I have a misunderstood in this regard but I'd like to
know whether it's possible to make OpenSIPS interact with Diameter
server directly or this is not possible due to the nature of diameter
protocol.

Opendiameter is written in C++ so I think it's not possible to integrate
it directly in OpenSIPS as a module, so we have to design something
similar to the above diagram, isn't it? What would be the type of
communication between OpenSIPS & Diameter Client, is it diameter based
also?

The implementation of Openblox looks promising as well, so do you think
it would be a good candidate for building the module?

Regards.