[OpenSIPS-Users] drouting: varios entries in 'dr_rules' with some "groupid', not possible?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Sep 15 14:49:52 CEST 2009

2009/9/15 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> priority applies only to rules that overlap - this can happens only when
> time selection is used for the rules:
>
> Ex: RULE1:  for prefix 1234, all the time,  use GW1, prio =1
>      RULE2:  for prefix 1234, during weekend, use GW1, prio = 4
>
> Here the rules will overlap during the weekend - they both match; in
> this interval, the highest priority rule will be used.
>
> The priority mechanism is used exclusively for this case.

So in case time selection is null in botrules, priority mechanism
doesn't matter, right?
If so, I suggest to explain it in the documentation, as I couldn't
understand it after several reads :)

> The module does not do any rule fallback - once a rule is match, it will
> use only the destination from the rules and it will not try to re-match
> a different rule.

Yes, but if all the gws in a rule (prio 10) fail (so "use_next_gw"
returns false) then this rule (or its gws) would be automatically
included in a blacklist, so if then I call again
"do_routing(SAME_GROUPID)" then the next rule (minor priority) would
be taken, am I right?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo