[OpenSIPS-Users] RURI domain on NAT'd endpoints

Thomas Gelf thomas at gelf.net
Tue Sep 8 07:08:35 CEST 2009

Thomas Gelf wrote:
> Jeff Pyle wrote:
>> if (client_nat_test("3")) {
>>       force_rport();
>>       $avp(s:received_uri) = $source_uri;
>>       if (!is_method("REGISTER")) fix_contact();
>>       setbflag(7);
>> }        # nat_keepalive() further down after some pref checks

One more thing: I'm doing client_nat_test("1) in reply routes (should
make sense), client_nat_test("7") for REGISTERs and client_nat_test("3")
for other requests. While I'm pretty sure regarding the reply_route part
(you cannot use test 2 and 4 as Via headers are nothing but copies from
Request), I'm wondering whether the latter distinction between REGISTER
and other request is making sense.

Googling and having a look to Flavios book shows that also others are
doing so - why?? If test 4 matches, the request would for sure also
trigger test 2 wouldn't it? So, may I completely skip test 4?

There is one special case that comes to my mind: does test 2 somehow
respect the rport parameter? I mean, if topmost Via has a private IP
and rport set - is test 2 then still triggered?

Best regards,
Thomas Gelf

 mail: thomas at gelf.net
  web: http://thomas.gelf.net/