[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips 1.5.x nathelper/rtpproxy configuration

Manivasagam Sivaraman smvasagam2000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:13:15 CEST 2009

Thanks Khan. I tried this before and it did not work, but your documentation
is the most comprehensive one, great job. May be i need some more tune up
for my setup. Basically I can make a call from UA behind NAT to PSTN through
opesips/rtpproxy outbound. I have installed opensips and rtpproxy on the
same Public IP address. I have a confusion over, whether I should run
rtpproxy in bridge mode with dual interface to be able to make rtp flow
between 2 UAs behind  2 different NATs ? Or is the single interface setup
sufficient ?

The first INVITE from UA1 to UA2 ( SDP c= IP address is modified correctly
as rtpproxy's IP address and sent to UA2)
The 200 OK response SDP from UA2 , reaches opensips .. and fwd as is, with
UA2's private IP address in SDP and UA1 cannot sent media. I made sure the
[onreply route1] method is called in script and the force_rtp_proxy() is
invoked by printing xlog. But rtpproxy is not modifying the 200 OK SDP. This
is my exact problem. This indicates that I might have to run rtpproxy in
bridge mode. Also the new opensips documentation I see new functions
rtpproxy_offerSDP and rtpproxy_answer() functions. But I need no example
using those. Every one is still using the deprecated force_rtp_proxy(),
which I think is ok as long as it works.

Thanks in advance. I'm in Chicago too.