[OpenSIPS-Users] Question Regarding Watchers table.

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Oct 20 18:14:46 CEST 2009

Hi Sanjeev,

Insertion in watchers tables occurs when an initial SUBSCRIBE message is
received for a presentity - watcher pair . Another case when the watcher
table might be updated is when an authorization rule changes - for
example A authorizes B and B had previously subscribed to A. Then the
watchers table will be updated and a Notify will be sent to B announcing
that the state of his subscription has changed.

Insertion in active_watchers table occurs when an initial SUBSCRIBE
message (with no To tag) is received.

If you set force_active to 1 then there is nothing to update in watchers
table, since the status will always be allowed.

You can check the documentation here:
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/PresenceServer.

Regards,
Anca