[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancer and Access control list

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Oct 20 00:43:48 CEST 2009

On Monday 19 October 2009 23:04:30 Peter P GMX wrote:
> I now implemented a solution in Freeswitch. I created a whitelist based
> on defined external gateways and IPs of registered UAs.
> Now only whitelisted IPs are routed inside Freeswitch.
>
> I am looking forward to seeing the memcached implementation in the next
> OpenSIPS release. That way I can share the whitelisted IPs quickly with
> OpenSIPS and may block Invites in OpenSIPS based on a whitelist in
> memcached. This is less CPU intensive.

Buff ... so you like killing flyes with a bazokka ... ? ... well it's up to
you.
But IMHO, it's easier, faster, cleaner and scales better, if you use
allow_trusted() from the opensips.cfg and work with your "whitelist" from the
proxy POV, it's just and advice ... you will sleep better ;-)

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual