[OpenSIPS-Users] Memcache and increment/decrement

andrei dragus andreidragus at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 22:41:11 CEST 2009

> OpenSIPs uses the libmemcached library right, thats the
> generic API?

 Yes OpenSIPS is using the libmemcached library, but this was not what I was talking about. I was talking about the memcache system in the core.

E.g:

/* from the script */
cache_fetch("memcached_x", "nume2", $avp(i:30));

This actually calls the memcache system from the core ( which can be used with a local cache too, so it is general), and then depending on the type of cache used calls the libmemcached library or the localcache implementation.

This system does not have support for incrementing or decrementing values.

> Im gonna look about writing a patch and getting it added
> natively.

 There are 2 ways to do this, either add functions to the core system ( but I don't think this is an option) or just add exported functions to the memcached module.

Andrei.