[OpenSIPS-Users] access to password as variable?

Stanisław Pitucha viraptor at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 12:12:49 CEST 2009

2009/10/16 Steven E. Ames <sames at officescape.com>:
> Thanks. I'll start down the radius path. My problem with avp_db_query is I don't actually have a password. The idea here is to let a few select devices that we use internally to REGISTER in a dynamic fashion because the password they are presenting can be generated by sending their username through a hashing algorithm. So they don't actually have passwords or even usernames in the database. My original plan was just to exec_avp sending username and password and getting back a GO/NO_GO. Now it looks like it'll be send username/password to radius which execs script and sends back go/no_go. More complicated but you do what you gotta to make the powers that be happy.

What is their hashing algorithm? Opensips can do md5 and other string
operations itself from the script, so maybe you don't need any
external programs at all?

Can you show the algorithm? If you can get repeat it in opensips, then
you can repeat the Digest Hash Algorithm too and check the password
that way.

--
KTHXBYE,

Stanisław Pitucha, Gradwell Voip Engineer