[OpenSIPS-Users] Media proxy basic setup

Daniel Goepp dan at goepp.net
Fri Oct 16 22:41:56 CEST 2009

Unfortunately yes, in this situation I am.  The firewall is not PAT, but
rather a full 1 to 1 NAT.  So any request coming in on port 10000 or 10001
will go straight to MP.  From a network perspective I know it works as long
as the application is aware of what's going on.  I'm able to get FreeSWITCH
running next to this and it handles the packets fine, but FS has a way to
tell it what the external IP is.  Trust me, I know I'm fighting an uphill
battle here...but I'm trying to do some proof of concept work that would
depend on this setup.  And at some point I will just admit defeat, I'm just
not there yet.  I have gone through the source for MP, and it actually
doesn't seem like it would be too much to change, but unfortunately I'm no
Python expert.

-dg