[OpenSIPS-Users] Load balancer and Access control list

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 16 19:51:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am using OpenSIPS as a load balancer in front of Freeswitch by using
the load balancer module.
Scenario: All phones are registered at Freeswitch. Some gateways provide
calls via registered accounts  and some external gateways are accepted
by their IPs (access control list, ACL).

When using OpenSIPS in front of Freeswitch I am losing the ACL feature
for some external gateways, as from Freeswitch's perpective all calls
are now coming from OpenSIPS.

Does anybody know how to solve this ACL problem? Is there a way load
balance by redirecting invites (302 Moved temporarily) to Freeswitch?
Then the gateway will contact Freeswitch directly and ACLs will still apply.
So is there any load balancing feature in OpenSIPS which uses redirects
or do I have to implement it by myself? E.g. by a perl script which
changes the redirect IP on every request (e.g. round robin).

Best regards
Peter