[OpenSIPS-Users] Media proxy basic setup

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Fri Oct 16 19:46:06 CEST 2009

I don¹t believe so.  To the best of my understanding, Mediaproxy is not a
near-end NAT solution, but rather a far-end one.  Perhaps some of the AG
guys can chime in here.

I took a quick flip through the nathelper module doc and I didn't see
anything relevant in there for rtpproxy either.

It's definitely far more common to have Opensips + Mediaproxy/Rtpproxy on
the *outside*.  That doesn't necessarily mean it cannot work on the inside,
it means I just don't know how.  :)

In this situation I would probably use a ALG on the edge.  I have experience
with Edgemarcs although there are others.  That way it's nice and clean
courtesy of a device that has a good "view" of both sides.  Not sure if this
is feasible for you or not.

- Jeff