[OpenSIPS-Users] Registration problem?

Jeff Kronlage jeff at data102.com
Thu Oct 15 22:30:36 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm having a random registration problem I haven't had a chance to fight
yet.

Right now, 100% of my users have their SIP gateways on static, public IP
addresses.  We use static entries in the location table to route calls
to these locations presently.  We're wanting to deploy Linksys ATAs to
smaller locations, these units would be behind NAT with dynamic
addresses.  I have MediaProxy all setup and happy. Outbound calls work
great.  However, I'm a little confused about how dynamic registrations
work in OpenSIPS.

My Linksys devices re-register every 5 minutes or so.  When this
happens, I end up with multiple entries in the subscriber table.  I'd
really only like to keep the most up-to-date registration.  Any
thoughts?

My second and much larger problem is that I'm using multiple servers,
with db_mode set to 3 on the usrloc module (performance is not a concern
at the moment), and my servers randomly can't seem to locate the most
up-to-date registration.  It feels almost as if the server that received
the registration "knows" about it (it's in the DB table immediately, as
well) but the other boxes don't pick up on this registration for a
while.  Shouldn't a value of 3 mean "always check the database"?  It
doesn't seem to work as expected.  Of note, stopping/starting opensips
makes the new registration "available" immediately.

Any advice that would put me in the right direction would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff