[OpenSIPS-Users] DNS failover on 6xx reply

Ion Constantinescu ion.constantinescu at shoutpoint.com
Tue Oct 13 23:38:46 CEST 2009

Hello,

Help / advice on the following issue would be much appreciated.

We are running a setup where a front-end opensips box is relaying calls
to two or more end-client HMP machines (e.g., asterisk).

We are using DNS/SRV records to failover between the end-client machines
- which seems to be working fine when the actual HMP service is
completely stopped.

In some cases tough, the HMP service is running in a particular state
where it is returning 603 replies which in turn seem to be breaking the
DNS failover protocol.

Note: in a separate setup we are successfully running a
transaction/dispatcher based failover configuration for which we needed
the following:
modparam("tm", "disable_6xx_block", 1)

So the question is - is there any way to deal with 6xx response codes
such that the DNS failover mechanism works (perhaps by using a setting
similar to the one above) ?

Thank you,
Ion