[OpenSIPS-Users] Statefull Load balancing

Jeff Kronlage jeff at data102.com
Tue Oct 13 17:09:16 CEST 2009

We do this with relative success using DNS load balancing.  Our two
boxes are randomly load balanced, not precisely half & half.  We then
use a script that fires off "test" SIP messages at the boxes every 60
seconds, and run a second script that removes the entry from our DNS
server should one of the boxes not respond (likewise, the script
re-inserts them when they start responding again.)

It's not totally optimal, but it works for us.  Frankly the biggest
problem was sharing variables across the boxes; we ended up with the
need to track concurrent number of calls on various domains, and because
those calls could originate/terminate via either box, we ended up using
a complicated database script inside Opensips to manage "cumulative"
variables.

Cheers,

Jeff