[OpenSIPS-Users] 17 sec, recieve a bye and a hangup

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Tue Oct 6 15:22:11 CEST 2009

I guess the question here is, what is asterisk doing for you? I personally
would prefer the sip trunks right on opensips.. Asterisk is a kinda funny
bottleneck in your architecture unless it's acting as some sort of media
server (or TDM gateway).
Some potential issues:
1. Do you have 2 way audio, some providers (gateways) will disco the call if
there is one way audio for X seconds.
2. Do you see any reinvites happening? Some providers will re-invite calls
after they are up and if the reinvite fails, it will tear down the call.
3. Where is the BYE coming from? Do you see any other signaling after the
200OK/ACKs you get? Do you see retransmissions of either the 200OK or ACK?
If the signaling indicating the call was connected doesn't finish a proper
ACK in both directions, the call will likely get hung up on.