[OpenSIPS-Users] Can opensips handle 302 redirection?

John Quick John.Quick at smartvox.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 15:23:14 CET 2009

Is it possible for opensips to trap a "302 Temporarily moved" reply following an INVITE? I would like
to check if the requested new Contact address contained in the reply packet is acceptable. If it is,
opensips will add a new branch and drop the 302 response. If it is not then I would want to redirect
the call to a media server or voicemail server to inform the caller of the problem.

I have already tried several ideas using onreply_route and failure_route, but neither of these route
blocks has both access to the $ct.fields(uri) of the reply (where the requested divert address is
stored) and the capability of appending a new branch.

I also tried using dialog values to store $ct.fields(uri) in onreply_route and then fetch the value
back again in failure_route, but it returns <null>. ($DLG_status is shown as 1 in both onreply and
failure route blocks even if I call create_dialog() before relaying the Invite).

Any help greatly appreciated.

John Quick

P.S. I got no response to my last question about processing the uri of each branch in a destination
set returned by exec_dset(). Can anyone help with that?