[OpenSIPS-Users] INVITE not forwarded, call fails

lorenzo asymmetric at autistici.org
Tue Nov 24 14:35:10 CET 2009

On 15/11/09 22:38, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> Or maybe the INVITE from the biascica to yhe asymmetric is not going
> through because of the NAT (maybe the client is doing a poor job in
> keeping the pinhole opened in the nat). So, as time as the call is
> originated from behind the nat, it will work, but when  from outside, it
> will not be able to traverse the nat and reach the client.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

yeah, that is the problem. i did some ngrepping, and what happens is
that the REGISTER reply is sent to the right port thanks to rport, while
the INVITE forwards are sent to the wrong port (the one in the
contact/via headers).

i tried modifying the opensips.cfg file, but to no avail..

here's what the REGISTER section of my main request routing logic looks
like:

if (is_method("REGISTER"))
{
	if (client_nat_test("8")) {
	xlog(">>>nat test ok<<<\n\n");
		fix_contact();
	}

	if (!save("location"))
		sl_reply_error();

	exit;
}

shouldn't the fix_contact() function do exactly what i need? should it
be put in another route?

thanks for your help!