[OpenSIPS-Users] Any word on the B2B bug?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 18 14:51:48 CET 2009

Jeff Kronlage wrote:

> Wow, I don't really think this was necessary.  Perhaps my word choice at
> 5:30am was poor, and if that was the case, I apologize.

You were not expected to think my response necessary.

> I've been involved in the open source community on other projects.  I
> get it.
>
> This was not a "pester". This was a serious request for ETA - if it was
> going to be a month, I would have liked to know so I can pursue other
> approaches of problem solving. I don't see a request for ETAs as being a
> "get it done!" and that's certainly not how I was hoping to come across.
> As we all know, it's hard to express intent/emotion over electronic
> media, so let's all take a deep breath and be friends.

This is true.

Nevertheless, in matters word choice or what have you, it would
behoove you to remember that neither Anca individually nor the
OpenSIPS development team collectively have any obligations whatsoever
to you, the organisation by which you are employed, commercial
customers for whom you do work, et cetera;  Anca's response was a
deferential courtesy characteristic of the good grace of open-source
developers when dealing with this type of imperiousness.

Absent commercial agreements to the contrary, nobody is concerned
either with your "coworkers" nor your "internal planning," and it has
zero imaginable correlation with their priorities or goals.  You are
not entitled to request "status reports" as if you are a micro-manager
coming around to check on your cubicle flock.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems