[OpenSIPS-Users] Parallel Forking messes up Voicemail two-way audio

osiris123d duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 03:44:17 CET 2009

The call is being set up by the append_branches() and then
Serialize_branches() with the Q Values being whatever depending on how I
want the calls to be (parallel or serial). Then in the failure_branch() I
either call the next_branch() or fail over to voicemail issuing the
rewritehost() function. One thing I noticed at first is that after the
serial and parallel calls I get a 482 loop error. So to kind of cheat I
made my if statement in the failure_branch that catches whether or not it
fails to VM also catch the 482 message. I am guessing this is not a good
thing and I need to find out why the 482 loop is occuring.

The other weird thing that I noticed is that if I ngrep on the VM server
for all traffic on that interface and then test it works!!! How is it that
just doing an ngrep during the test call would fix the issue??? That is
what first made me think that a sleep(x) would fix things because I figured
the ngrep on the VM server was slowing down the VM server.

Anyway I am hoping that the 482 loop issue is the root of my issue. I just
haven't had time to test more since I am having to study for a CCNP Routing
test, but I will get back with this issue and send some sip traces unless
something I said above makes you think what the issue could be.

Thanks