[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA and placing a call on hold. Bug?

Jeff Kronlage jeff at data102.com
Sun Nov 15 15:10:02 CET 2009

Anca,

I've nearly got my B2BUA ready for deployment, however, in a
front-end/back-end solution, with my standard proxy configuration in the
front-end (passing calls to the B2BUA back-end), I'm having trouble
putting a call on hold.  Please note that all other functionality is
working great - REFERs, media-related reINVITEs, etc.

I noticed this because if I put the call on hold for too long while
attempting a REFER, I start having problems.

Basically, the TM module on the B2BUA keeps re-transmitting the final
200 OK.  The UAC responds to all of these with an ACK, which the B2B
passes on to the far SIP endpoint.  Eventually the UAC, getting hammered
by OKs, assumes there's a problem and sends a BYE after about 30
seconds.  Note that if I transfer during this time period, the call
stays up indefinitely.  It's only the reINVITE for "hold" that breaks
it.

My config on the B2B box is super-simplified (less than 10 lines) so I
don't think it's a configuration problem.  Happy to post B2B
confgs/debug/SIP trace/etc.  Please let me know what (if anything) is
necessary.

Please advise.  Thanks,

Jeff K